Monday, May 30, 2011

Simple Supper: Avocado on Toast


Yes, I say "supper".  It's very British of me... ok, midwestern, actually.  But what else would you call your evening meal that's more than a snack, but definitely less than a dinner?

This is what I had tonight:

Avocado on Toast with Ham
2 slices bread (my favorite: sprouted wheat)
1 medium avocado
1/2 lemon or 1-2 tsp lemon juice
2 slices ham

1. Toast bread.
2. Half avocado and scrape out of husk onto a plate. Sprinkle with salt and lemon juice.  Mash with a fork till juice is all mixed in and avocado looks like guacamole dip.
3. Spread avocado on sliced bread.  I like it thick, so 1 avocado doesn't last more than two slices.
4. Place ham over avocado.
5. Enjoy!

In Chile, this is a common light supper accompanied by the ubiquitous cup of black tea. Mmmmm... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment